Prevention is better than cure
Foundation of the Society
The Saudi Society of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Disease (SSMMID) was established in 2004 with head office at King Fahd Hospital of the University, Al-Khobar.
With the establishment of the Scientific Society, the Saudi Society of Microbiology & Infectious Diseases the thrust of the work of this society activities has been to develop theoretical & applied knowledge and evaluate consultations & with the public & private sectors, accordance with the By-Laws & Rules, of Scientific Societies in the Saudi Universities.
Objectives of the Society
- To develop Scientific thought in the field of Microbiology & Infectious Diseases.
- To forge scientific working relationship among the members of the society.
- To provide scientific consultations in Medical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases.
- To improve scientific & professional performance of members of the society .
- To facilitate the exchange of scientific thought and ideas among the different arms of the society.
Activities of the Society
- Encourage the conduct of scientific research & consultations.
- Write and translate Scientific books in the field of Medical Microbiology & Infectious diseases and related areas.
- Conduct Scientific studies on applied practices.
- Hold symposia, seminars and workshops on medical microbiology and infectious diseases.
- Publish studies, brochures, publications and periodic als on Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases.
- Participate in National & International exhibitions
- Invite Scientists and academicians to participate in the Society’s activities.
- Organize scientific tours and competitions in the area of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases.